Pictures – Tip #48
People and things in your world are in constant change. One of the best ways to capture the subtle or gradual changes while your family member is away is to take pictures daily. These pictures will help you to remember moments yourself too and reconnect your absent family member with your and, now, their world. When they return you can make evenings of sitting back and watching slide shows together, talking about moments they missed and re-connecting as a family by helping fill in the gaps in a visual, calm and fun way.
* Put a cheap camera in the glove box of your car or in your purse so that you take pictures of a variety of things and are always prepared for those moments when things come up and you didn’t have a camera
* Learn how to download pictures off your phone and save them
* Take pictures of the neighbourhood and/or construction happening not just of people
* Don’t forget to take pictures of the every day events and not just on special occassions
* Create a folder each month on your computer so that the pictures are organized by months and easy to find and look at
* Make sure that you are in the pictures, ask other people to take turns taking pictures and if they take some with their cameras, ask them to share them with you