Create a new recipe – Tip #14
One way to keep busy and come together as friends and family while your loved one is away is to create new and creative recipes and meals together.
* Get recipe cards and write down each new recipe that you create.
* Challenge your family members to come up with new meals, recipes or even fun desserts
* Take a picture of the finished dish with the people that made it and glue it to the back of the card so that you can look back at them when your loved one returns and have a good laugh or share stories about what happened.
* Take a group picture of who ate the meal with them doing a thumbs up or thumbs down if they liked the meal and stick that to the back of the card.
* Email the recipe to the absent person with the picture attached and have each person write something they liked, didn’t like and would do differently next time.