Record The Entire Season – Tip #131
For many of us, this is a holiday season. There are a number of events and family traditions that take place over the entire month. Your absent family member will have memories of hurried Christmas shopping, baking, parties, people visiting, dinners, wrapping, hiding gifts, etc. We don’t tend to forget to take pictures at the big events but we do not capture any of the other moments that often make the holiday season fun, frustrating and eventful. This year record it all – the crowded mall, the full parking lot, the annoyed faces of your children doing some task they don’t want to, the putting up of decorations, food preparation, etc. Give them a full play by play. It is a great way to connect with your absent family member about the things you are doing on a day to day basis to make it a special time. Your insights and commentary around this busy season will be one of the best videos you send over!
* Ask your teens or friends to take portions of the video so that it isn’t all on your shoulders
* Make sure that you or the person doing the video is actually in it too
* Ask friends and family, that you won’t be seeing, to make their own and send them
* Keep the video camera in your purse or in a high traffic area so it is always around and ready to be used
* Get an inexpensive tripod so that you can set it up and chat away while you do other things (this way you’ll be in the video more too)
* End the video with everyone saying one thing about why they miss your absent family member
For more information about our books, blog and resources go to: http://www.whileyouwereaway.org
To submit a tip of your own, write to: Megan@whileyouwereaway.org
Don’t forget to get some good video of trying to park anywhere at this time of year!!!