Great Books for Military Families
I highly recommend the books in this blog, whether you are a mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, wife, girlfriend of someone in the military. These books have all been used by my family and in many others.
- Everyday Positive Thinking by Louise L. Hay – A book filled with positive sentiments and ideas from famous, infamous and everyday people. You could read one a day and it would take you 445 days to get through it!
- 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People by David Niven – Each strategy comes with a brief summary. It is easy to read and filled with some great ideas and reflections.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R. Covey – It is a larger read but well worth it. There are strategies, suggestions, personal stories and observations about family life that will change the way you talk and work together as a family.
- The Guide To Laughing At Family by GTL Institute – It looks at the funny and annoying moments of family life in a very humorous way. There are quotes, observations, and funny insights that look at everything from pregnancy to grandparents, family dinners and pets.
- The Nightly Book of Positive Quotations by Steve Deger – Each day of the year is given a quote to comfort or inspire you, a brief idea and something that you can remind yourself about. It is a great way to end a day.
- The Bounce Back Book by Karen Salmansohn – This is a fabulous book for dealing with the challenges that military life (actually any life) can throw your way. Buy a recipe stand and each day do one of the ‘bounce back’ assignments. It will help you to overcome anxieties, stress, deal with feelings, etc.
- 101 Tips For Families Experiencing Absence or Deployment by Me – This book is directly speaking about military life and what kind of author would I be if I didn’t, once again, include my own book. I do believe that this book is an easy read and gives you hundreds of strategies and ideas for not just surviving military life but thriving in it too!
All of these books are available on Borders or Amazon and many are at your local library.